Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Introduction (Part Three)

So.

I said in my last blog post that I had a resolution in mind for this coming year and now, a week later, I guess I have to actually put it in action.

NSS Reviews

It’s no secret that I’ve been trying to enjoy films where I can this past year, but this year I want to make a more concerted effort at it. I’ve also found myself wanting to talk more about the movies I’ve been seeing and sometimes that can be difficult days or weeks or months after my initial viewing, so I also wanted to try my hand at formally reviewing them.

I should note here that I’m not saying “formally” like I’ll be trying to wade through academia to try and produce a reading. The style will probably be similar to my Raindrops and Roses posts, maybe mixed with some sort of outline I’ll crib from somewhere else. “Formally” is just a single word for “Instead of talking everybody’s ears off about them, I’ll just write about them here and then talk everybody’s ears off about them.”

I don’t expect posts there to go at the same weekly rate that posts here do. Like, they’ll probably start that way just to get myself into the rhythm doing them, but if something goes south in other parts of my life, watching movies is probably going to get cut from a list of activities, and after that, well, so would the blog. So maybe this is less a “dare” like I alluded to before and more that classic resolution style where you make it to the end of January and never do it again. But I did want to give it a try. 

I’ve scheduled the first post to appear on Friday. After that, who knows?

-F

No comments:

Post a Comment