Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Back to your Regularly Scheduled Complaining

The Raindrops on Roses series has definitely helped out content-wise, I think, but reminiscing on not-even-that-old media is certainly not the only thing I want to be writing about every week. So here’s some snippets from work. Certainly nothing as important as a missing oven mitt (not bitter!) but still things that yuck my yum, so to speak:

The new name change has rolled out to every location, not just certain test markets, which I think is a huge mistake. I’m reminded of Activision-Blizzard renaming their game launcher and store page from BattleNet to Blizzard Games, which went over so poorly that developers resorted to calling it “BattleNe-- I mean Blizzard Games”. I don’t think we in the food service are anywhere near as prevalent as the World of Warcraft/Hearthstone/Overwatch installer, but literally nobody lower than a regional manager has ever said “Noodles: World Kitchen”.

New uniforms! Corporate wants the uniforms to be as bright and inviting as the new paint job, so of course the new shirt color is dark green. This is compounded by the fact that apparently they’re not mandatory any more? I’ve lost count at how many times someone’s not wearing their hat or has a black jacket on over their T-shirt.

Lastly, zucchini noodles are now on the menu. They’re long peeled strips of zucchini that can be used as a substitute in any of our dishes, though we recommend them with a new romesco sauce or with our green curry. It’s actually really good, but I get customers with inane questions like, “I don’t really like zucchini, will I like this?” and I have to resist the urge to just stare.

Also, the corporate term for these is “Zoodles”, which is just the worst.

-F

1 comment: