Tuesday, May 29, 2018

We've Updated Our Privacy Policy

For this, the twenty-second post on Not So Secret, I was going to continue down not-so-distant memory lane, but then the memes started happening. Now, I’m not a meme expert; I just play one on TV, but it still doesn’t take much to notice the emails coming in en-masse with a few simple words as a title: We’re Updating our Privacy Policy. Even this, though, wouldn’t be worth commenting about without this big header at the top of Blogspot’s account page, the most prominent part of which was:

“You are responsible for making sure your readers are aware of these new changes.”

So yes, Blogspot, like most websites, tracks its users’ data. I bolded that part just to make sure it’s prominent enough. Don’t want to run afoul of the law in this particular instance. I understand that this might come as a shock to some of you, and it’s not not scary. But I also think that we’re past the point of no return on the internet in this regard. They don’t call this the information age for no reason.

I wish I had more to say about this. I wish I was more informed. Instead, I can only leave you with this:



-F

No comments:

Post a Comment